Friday, September 14, 2012

Maths of 6th ed: the fleet assault through terrain reroll guide

Like I said last post, so long ago, here is a guide to which dice to reroll to get the most out of your fleet assault units going through terrain.







The die results are shown against the target (ie, the distance that you need to assault). A 2- in a column means a result of 2 or less; 2+ means 2 or more.

So for example if I wanted to assault 4", rolled a 5, 2, 1, I would reroll the 2 and the 1. If I rolled a 2, 1, 1, I would reroll all three. And obviously, if I succeeded, I wouldn't reroll at all!

Finally, the lines that read 'any other fail', can be collectively represented by rerolling the lowest two dice. So if I wanted an 8, rolled 4, 3, 3, I would reroll the 3, 3 and keep the 4.

I haven't tried printing it yet. My initial hope was that I could fit something like this on a playing card, to be a handy pocket assault guide; more design work required.

In the meantime, since I may not ever get around to doing it, hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment